If your business new to, or trying to expand your R&D, then a Callaghan Innovation Project Grant can be just what you need to reduce the risks associated with challenging R&D projects.
How can a grant help my company?
The Project Grant is designed to help you:
- Build your R&D expertise
- Break new ground in an R&D project for the development of new or substantially improved devices, products, processes, systems or services
- Encourage you to invest in R&D.
How does it work?
Your business will:
- Typically receive 40% of your eligible R&D project costs
- Only receive funding for R&D done in New Zealand (unless pre-approved)
- Receive regular reimbursement of approved R&D expenses
Who can apply?
To apply for a Project Grant, your business must be one of the following:
- Registered under the Companies Act.
- Registered under the Limited Partnerships Act.
- A Māori incorporation or trust established under the Te Ture Whenua Māori Act, a trust set up to manage assets as part of a Treaty of Waitangi settlement, a Māori statutory body, or a business controlled by one or more of these entities.
Your business must meet financial and due diligence requirements
How do I apply?
You can do it yourself, but if you’d like a hand, contact The Resources Guys. We can take care of it for you.